Family Engagement Plan
Home of the Redbirds
Title I Parent Involvement Plan
Rivercrest Elementary envisions quality education for all by providing a safe and nurturing environment that enables every student to attain academic proficiency in all subjects and to become productive decision makers and technologically literate learners. To achieve our goals, we encourage a strong home-school partnership where all students, parents, and staff will work together in the educational process at Rivercrest Elementary. Rivercrest Elementary School encourages parent involvement through the following activities:
- Title I meeting in September to explain the Title I Program, Title I School-Parent-Student Compact, and parent involvement opportunities for the school year (offered at flexible times).
- Grade level meeting nights where homeroom teachers give an overview of grade level curriculum.
- Family Night events focused on academic subjects such as math, science, and technology each semester in order to maintain or increase the high level of parental/community involvement as required by ESEA (Elementary and Secondary Education Act).
- Parenting workshops at flexible meeting times with topics determined by the current Title 1 Parent Survey
- Parents assigned to the School Improvement Plan Advisory Committee
- Volunteer Breakfast at the end of the school year to honor all parents and community members who volunteered in our school
- Scheduled Parent-Teacher Conferences twice a year
- Teacher communication with parents through interim reports, phone calls, emails, newsletters, web pages, PowerSchool Parent Portal, and the agenda book.
- Test Data Meeting where parents are informed of school’s testing data and student progress.
- Career Day where parents are invited to the school to share information about their careers.
- PTO meetings
- Parent/Community Shareholders invited to attend presentations and programs during Black History Month in February.
- Parents/Community Shareholders as guest readers during “Read Across America” Week.
- Character Education where parents are invited to participate in skits or readings during morning announcement time.
- Book Fair
- Various classroom activities that parents are encouraged to attend
- Various field trips that parents are encouraged to attend 2nd semester
- Grandparents’ Day when grandparents are invited to school campus for lunch and classroom presentations.
- “24” Competition where students demonstrate computation skills.