Red Ribbon Week and our Socktober event start tomorrow!
MONDAY: SOCK IT TO DRUGS
• Students and teachers will wear crazy or mismatched socks to show our commitment to being drug free.
TUESDAY: ORANGE YOU GLAD YOU DON’T BULLY ?
• Students and teachers wear orange clothing, which is the national color for standing up against bullying and supporting those who have been bullied.
WEDNESDAY: YOUR CHOICES ARE THE KEY TO YOUR DREAMS
• Students and teachers may wear pajama pants to show that we can accomplish our dreams if we respect ourselves and stay drug free.
THURSDAY: SLAM DUNK; BULLYING IS JUNK
• Students and teachers wear your favorite basketball (or other sport) team shirt with jeans to show that we are committed to staying bully free.
FRIDAY: LIFE IS A JOURNEY…TRAVEL DRUG FREE
• Students and teachers may wear a shirt representing a place they have traveled or a college or military shirt to show where we can go if we choose to stay bully and drug free.
What is Socktober? Socktober is an event that was launched by Kid President creator Brad Montague in order to raise awareness and help the homeless community.
What can we do to help? Well, donating pairs of NEW socks is what we are doing to support the Socktober movement in order to get kids and adults involved in an easy and fun way! The class that brings in the most socks will win a pizza party!